Live, learn and love in faith, respect and trust
Norton St. Nicholas CofE (VA) Primary:
• Building a modern and creative learning environment,
• Building creative, passionate and respectful learners who make good progress,
• Building a well-motivated and professionally developed staff team,
• Building a well-renowned community school linked to wide ranging communities,
• Building Christian values.
• To educate and nurture our children, recognising their uniqueness, inspiring them to reach their full potential and enabling them to live a caring and successful life, guided by God’s Love.
Values at Norton St Nicholas CofE (VA) Primary School
In January 2012 the staff at Norton St Nicholas, through an In-Service Training Day, identified a set of values that would become a focus for collective worship and underpin the life of the school community. Prior to the INSET Day the school council identified a set of values they believed were important for the school. This work resulted in the following values being chosen as a core set of values that the
school celebrates, promotes and encourages in all aspects of school life.
As well as being recognised as widely agreeable values, these values at Norton St. Nicholas will be linked to biblical principles in order to strengthen our Christian ethos. All values are grounded in our Christian character.
In addition to the set of unique school identified values, the school recognises the importance of celebrating, teaching and promoting British Values; these are identified by the Department for Education as:
• the rule of law;
• individual liberty and mutual respect; and
• tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.